3 DAY BARISTA COURSE
A NATIONALLY RECOGNISED BARISTA COURSE
Baristas are more than just coffee makers; they are coffee artists!
Do you love interacting with people, brewing a perfect coffee, and creating positive experiences for your guests? The hospitality industry is a dynamic environment where no two days are exactly the same, and offers a variety of career opportunities.
As a Barista you will be preparing coffee drinks, using espresso machines, grinders, and other equipment to brew espresso shots, froth milk, and mix ingredients for different coffee beverages like lattes, cappuccinos, mochas, and more! The hospitality industry offers a wide range of career paths and job opportunities.
This 3 Day Barista training course is an intensive coffee making program that will provide you with the basic skills and confidence to work as a Barista in cafés and restaurants. If you are interested in a career in the food and beverage industry or perhaps aspiring to open your own coffee shop one day. This course is for you!
TOTAL COURSE UNITS – 2
SITXFSA005 Use hygienic practices for food safety.
This unit will give you the skills and knowledge required to handle food safely, including:
- How to identify food hazards and steps to remove or minimise hazards
- Understanding the obligations of food handlers under legislation
- Learn how to handle and store food safely
- How to identify potential hygiene risks and steps to remove or minimise hazards
- How to correctly clean and sanitise
- Personal hygiene standards for food handlers
- How to reduce the risk of food-borne illnesses
SITHFAB005 Prepare and serve espresso coffee.
This unit will give you the skills and knowledge to work as a Barista, including:
- The fundamentals of using a commercial espresso machine to make espresso shots
- Different types of coffee beans, roasts and coffee blends, and how to use grinders
- Mastering the art of milk steaming for various espresso-based drinks
- How to assemble different espresso-based beverages
- Customer service skills
- Cleaning and maintenance routines for espresso machines and coffee equipment
- How to manage time effectively to maintain workflow and serve customers promptly
Hands-on practice is a crucial part of the Barista course, and you will spend a significant amount of time using the equipment to develop your skills and confidence.
On successful completion of the course, you will receive a Statement of Attainment bearing the units of competency: SITXFSA005 Use hygienic practices for food safety and SITHFAB005 Prepare and serve espresso coffee.
When you walk into a job interview you will feel confident and ready to go with up-to-date and dynamic coffee-making skills.
REGISTERED TRAINING ORGANISATION
Our experienced trainers will help you to build skills and confidence as a Barista.