Helping parents to plan and prepare for employment or study
What is ParentsNext?
ParentsNext is a supportive, voluntary program aimed at helping parents prepare for employment once their youngest child reaches school age. Designer Life can provide you with the knowledge you need to get job ready, undertake study, or even explore new career options.
We understand your priority is your children and family, and we want to provide the assistance you need to allow you to balance your responsibilities, along with working towards your goals.
Our ParentsNext Career Centres are in the Wide Bay Sunshine Coast and Brisbane South East regions. You can contact us directly if you would like to take part in the program at one of our dedicated Career Centres.
ParentsNext is FREE, flexible and all about helping you and your family!
We will help you plan for your future
Designer Life can tailor supports to your circumstances and will provide a personalised Participation Plan that may include:
- helping you set study and work goals
- support you to develop employability skills
- arranging financial support for job preparation skills
- finding a course or work experience in your local area
- help with work-related expenses
- connections to local support services such as counselling
- access to other support programs and resources
- job search skills, writing a resume and practising job interviews
- advice on your local job market
There are no mandatory requirements in ParentsNext, if you choose to take part in the program you will meet face-to-face with your Career Coach for the first introduction, then afterwards every three months either in person, by phone or online. If you prefer, you can meet in person more often as our unique approach is to offer Career Centres that are welcoming, safe, and family friendly with children’s play areas.
Thinking about up-skilling?
Designer Life is a Registered Training Organisation and offers a range of vocational courses and licences that you can undertake at our Career Centres.
We will get to know you and listen to what you want for your future, we can support you to up-skill, or even to begin a new direction in study.
Who is eligible?
- If you are a parent with a child under six years old,
- Have been receiving the Parenting Payment for more than six months,
- Have not been in paid work in the last six months
By either nominating or being referred to Designer Life as your ParentsNext Provider you can begin to receive the support of our ParentsNext Career Coach.
Our goal is to provide the support you need as you face the challenges of entering the workforce by ensuring you have the most up to date resources and services available.
For more information about ParentsNext, visit the Department of Employment and Workplace Relations website.
Send us an enquiry here, or get in touch with someone from our ParentsNext team at Designer Life:
P: (07) 3333 2055