The JobTrainer fund is a jointly funded initiative of the Australian and state and territory governments. The fund aims to support job seekers, school leavers and young people to complete qualifications to support them into employment as Australia emerges from the COVID-19 pandemic.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the JobTrainer Fund, an individual must:
- Live permanently in Queensland
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident, or a New Zealand citizen, or a temporary resident with the necessary visa and work permits on the pathway to permanent residency
- Be 15 years of age or older
- Have finished secondary school or left school
- Not be currently enrolled in any other subsidised training (Including VET courses and higher education courses)
- Not have previously completed a qualification under the JobTrainer fund
- Either be:
- A school leaver/young person (Aged between 17 and 24)
- A jobseeker (Aged 15 or older and out of work or receiving income support payments)
Click here for the student Fact Sheet (PDF)
What courses can I do?
The following qualifications can be completed with Designer Life under the fund:
What will it cost me to participate?
Course fees associated with your training are fully funded by the Queensland Government, with eligible students required to pay no fee.
Please note, the following courses include a mandatory work placement:
Many employers in these industries require workers to obtain a Blue Card, NDIS Worker Screening, Queensland Disability Worker Screening and/or a Police Check, you may also be required to hold a current First Aid and CPR certificate. Students enrolling into these courses will need to source and pay for these items themselves prior to undertaking vocational placement if the employer requires it. Blue Cards are free for students, however, the prices for Police Checks and First Aid/CPR courses will vary depending on the supplier you choose.
- Participants will no longer be eligible for further subsidised training under the Program once they complete a qualification funded by JobTrainer.
- Participants undertaking the qualifications listed above are required to undertake vocational placement as it forms part of your assessment. This will require you to work (unpaid) in a live working environment. Duration of vocational placement will depend on your specific course requirements. Work placement must be successfully completed in order to be issued with a certificate.