Designer Life considers student privacy to be of upmost importance and will practice a high standard of care and concern in regards to maintaining student privacy in all aspects of business operations. Designer Life will comply with all legislative requirements including the Privacy Act 1988 and Australian Privacy Principles 2014.
This service is provided for the purpose of improving the student's employment opportunities, as a part of their reporting requirements with their JobActive agency, or to facilitate the provision of a Vocational Placement/Work Experience Placement and should not be used in any other circumstances without explicit consent.
In some circumstances, Designer Life may be required by law, or in adherence with the Standards for RTOs 2015, to make student details available to other parties. In all other circumstances, Designer Life will ensure that written permission is obtained from the student before releasing any details.
If you are a registered Jobseeker from Australia and referred to Designer Life by your JobActive Provider, any personal information, attendance records, progress, results, attitude towards professional development and recommendations may be disclosed if requested by your JobActive Provider.
Information in relation to the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988 can be found on the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner and Privacy Commissioner (OAIC) website. The website provides access to many online resources, which are not under our direct control. You should read the conditions of use and other statements of these sites. https://www.oaic.gov.au/
Designer Life's e-Learning site
If you are a registered Jobseeker from Australia and referred to Designer Life e-Learning by your JobActive Provider any personal information, attendance records, progress, results, attitude towards professional development and recommendations may be disclosed if requested by your JobActive provider.
Online Privacy Statement
Designer Life is committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information. This Privacy Statement governs the collection, storage, use, access and disposal of data obtained by your use of this web site. Please read through the student handbook and understand our position on privacy, document storage, and online Learning Management System Storage. This privacy statement will be updated when continuous improvements are made, so please check this when you enrol in other Designer Life courses.
Collection and use of Site Visit Data
Designer Life does not collect or record personal information, other than what you choose to provide through online enrolment request forms.
Various types of online data are collected:
- Visitor logs and statistics so that we know how busy our site is;
- Information provided by users through feedback forms on this site. If you complete a feedback from, we will collect your first and last name, organisation (if applicable), and email address. Feedback regarding our training courses can be found by pressing the "Enrol Now" button;
- Course preferences which can also be found by pressing the "Enrol Now" button;
- Jobseeker enrolments which can be completed through 2 methods: written enrolments and online enrolments; and
- Emails and Electronic Forms.
Your email address will only be recorded if you supply it to us and tick that as your preferred method of correspondence. Your personal information will only be used for the purposes for which you have provided it. Where you choose to send us a completed electronic form that includes your personal details, we do collect personally identifiable information, such as name, address and email address. The information collected by email or electronic forms will be used only for the purpose for which you have provided it, and we will not disclose it without your consent, except where authorised or required by law. The online enrolment can be completed by pressing the "Enrol Now" button on our front page.
Unique Student Identifier (USI)
When you enrol into an accredited training program with Designer Life you may give permission for Designer Life to create a USI on your behalf, in this instance it is recommended that you read to the below privacy notice:
Consent for collection, use or disclosure of personal information
The following is provided to you on behalf of the Student Identifiers Registrar (Registrar).
You are advised and agree that you understand and consent that the personal information you provide in connection with your application for a Unique Student Identifier (USI):
- is collected by the Registrar as authorised by the Student Identifiers Act 2014.
- is collected by the Registrar for the purposes of:
- applying for, verifying and giving a USI;
- resolving problems with a USI; and
- creating authenticated vocational education and training (VET) transcripts;
- may be disclosed to:
- Commonwealth and State/Territory government departments and agencies and statutory bodies performing functions relating to VET for:
- the purposes of administering and auditing VET, VET providers and VET programs;
- education related policy and research purposes; and
- to assist in determining eligibility for training subsidies;
- VET Regulators to enable them to perform their VET regulatory functions;
- VET Admission Bodies for the purposes of administering VET and VET programs;
- current and former Registered Training Organisations to enable them to deliver VET courses to the individual, meet their reporting obligations under the VET standards and government contracts and assist in determining eligibility for training subsidies;
- schools for the purposes of delivering VET courses to the individual and reporting on these courses;
- the National Centre for Vocational Education Research for the purpose of creating authenticated VET transcripts, resolving problems with USIs and for the collection, preparation and auditing of national VET statistics;
- researchers for education and training related research purposes;
- any other person or agency that may be authorised or required by law to access the information;
- any entity contractually engaged by the Student Identifiers Registrar to assist in the performance of his or her functions in the administration of the USI system; and
- will not otherwise be disclosed without your consent unless authorised or required by or under law.
The consequences for not providing the Registrar with some or all of your personal information are that the Registrar will not be able to issue you with a USI.
USI privacy policies and complaints
You may also make a complaint to the Information Commissioner about an interference with privacy pursuant to the Privacy Act 1988, including in relation to the misuse or interference of or unauthorised collection, use, access, modification or disclosure of USIs.
Security & Privacy Principals
Designer Life will only collect necessary information pertaining to one or more specific operations. The student will be informed as to the purpose for which details are being collected.
Designer Life will ensure student personal information is not used or disclosed for secondary purposes without obtaining explicit consent from the student, unless a prescribed exception applies.
Designer Life will take all reasonable measures to ensure that all student personal information that is collected used or disclosed is accurate, current and complete.
Designer Life will take all reasonable measures to ensure all collected student personal information is protected from misuse, loss or damage, and that all data and record storage is secures from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Designer Life will maintain documentation which details how student personal information is collected, managed and used. When a student makes an enquiry in relation to information collected, Designer Life will explain what information is held, for what purpose it is held, and what procedures outline the collection and use of information.
All reasonable steps are taken to ensure that information collected is kept secure and confidential. The Designer Life website is protected from unauthorised access using current technologies.
You should be aware that there are inherent risks associated with the transmission of information via the Internet. For those students who do not wish to transmit specific information across the Internet, the Framework provides alternative ways of providing information. For example, forms may be printed and lodged by fax or post.
We do not publish personal information on this website. Email addresses and other personal information you provide will not be added to a mailing list without your consent and will not be disclosed to any other State institution or authorities except if required by law or regulation. If you are a registered Jobseeker from Australia and referred to Designer Life by your JobActive Provider any personal information, attendance records, progress, results, attitude towards professional development and recommendations may be disclosed if requested by your JobActive Provider.
Online Enrolment information is stored with Designer Life and passed directly on to the RTO Administrator. It is important that information you provide in the enrolment process is accurate and up to date to allow proper processing of your enrolment request. The online enrolment can be completed by pressing the "Enrol Now" button on our front page.
The requested enrolment application information conforms to the AVETMISS (Australian Vocational Education & Training Management Information Statistical Standard) requirements, which all students are required to provide when enrolling. If you have any queries about the information being requested please contact Designer Life. The materials presented on this website/publication are distributed by Designer Life as an information source only.